Clay Youth Wrestling will be hosting a TRI- MEET at CCMS with Hayden Youth and Homewood Youth on Tuesday, November 18th at 5:00 pm. Come support our youth wrestlers!
Mayhem in Memphis Tournament Results
James Clemens & Grappling with Character|
Intermediate 70 – Jake McDonald’s place is 1st and has scored 20.00 team points
Intermediate 70 – Kaden Mays’s place is 2nd and has scored 14.00 team points.
Intermediate 75-80 – Satchel Wheeler’s place is 2nd and has scored 25.00 team points.
Intermediate 60 – Yanik Simon’s place is 3rd and has scored 10.00 team points.
Intermediate 65 – Rex Webb’s place is 4th and has scored 11.00 team points.
Intermediate 65 – Kiyan Simon’s place is 3rd and has scored 13.00 team points
Schoolboy 91 – Darren Ketcham’s place is 2nd and has scored 17.50 team points
Novice 90-95 – Clay Johnston’s place is 6th and has scored 0.00 team points
Intermediate 87-95 – Clay Johnston’s place is 1st and has scored 21.50 team points
ALABAMA WRESTLING ORGANIZATION HOLDS FIRST MEETING
November 5, 2014
Alabama Wrestling Organization (AWO) held its first formal meeting Wednesday evening. Attendance was excellent, as 14 Alabama wrestling clubs were represented. The early part of the agenda focused on Organizational and Administrative matters. The latter half of the meeting focused on the competition schedule, tournament standards, and Q&A. Highlights of the meeting included:
- Establishing a leadership structure
- Introduction of AWO website and electronic media
- Presentation of 2014-15 Folkstyle season Age & Weight chart
- Presentation of 2014-15 Folkstyle season Event Schedule
The Board of Directors, Age and Weight chart, as well as the 2014-15 event schedule are now published on the AWO website: www.AlabamaWrestling.org.
Some of the Q&A centered on Membership opportunities, for clubs, coaches and athletes. Through AAU Wrestling, AWO announced that all clubs who purchase Memberships prior to November 17 will be reimbursed the $30 fee. Interested club administrators are encouraged to do the following:
- Click on the “Join AAU – Register Now” tab at the top left of the website homepage
- Join AAU as a non-athlete…the cost is $14 and this includes a background screening, which will take a day or two
- Once the background screening is completed, AAU will send an email, along with the Member Card and Member #
- Using the Member #, clubs may then sign up as a Level I Club, under the Alabama Wrestling Organization League; the fee will be $30 and this will be reimbursed by AWO for those clubs who sign up prior to November 17th
- Athletes may sign up at any time by accessing the AAU site with the same button on the AWO website; the cost for an Athlete Membership is also $14. The Athlete Membership qualifies wrestlers to compete in any or all AAU wrestling events throughout the country
In addition, it was announced that Shad Rissler and Christian Staylor, decorated collegiate wrestlers in Folkstyle, Greco and Freestyle, will serve as National Teams Directors. Plans to form “travel” duals teams, to compete in events such as Minion Duals (Atlanta, GA) and AAU Nationals (Kingsport, TN) were discussed. Travel to individual tournaments, including The Music City Brawl in Nashville, TN, as well as TN Top 100 Events, will also be coordinated by AWO.
The first scheduled event of the 2014-15 Folkstyle Season will be Saturday, November 22nd at Thompson High School in Alabaster, AL. The tournament will be available on Track Wrestling (www.TrackWrestling.com) very soon. In addition, tournament details will be posted on the AWO website, in the “Events” section.
is the *NEW* Premiere Youth Wrestling League in Alabama.
We are now affiliated with the national AAU Wrestling Organization. Our clubs have the best talent and coaching Alabama can offer.
Our charter member clubs include: Chelsea Wrestling Club, Calera Youth Wrestling, Grappling With Character, Hayden Wrestling Club, Huntsville Youth Wrestling Club, James Clemens Wrestling Club, NAWA Southside, Vestavia Wrestling Club, Warrior Wrestling Club, Alabama Warrior Wrestling Chicks, and soon to be many more.
Our season kicks off with our first tournament on November 22, 2014 at Thompson High School.